re|design HOME consignment
32801 Woodward Ave.
10:00 am-6:00 pm (Tuesday-Saturday)
Noon-4:00 pm (Sunday)
re|design offers high quality, gently used furniture, rugs, artwork, lamps, mirrors, collectibles and other home decor items.
re|design HOME Items
How to Consign with Us
redesign makes it easy to consign your gently loved furniture, artwork and home decor items. We also accept collectibles, art, lamps, mirrors, and other home accessories. Items over $50 may be consigned. Items with less than a retail value of $50 are accepted as donations.
1) Send us photos and a description of your item with the email address below. (Up to 10 MB each file) in the following formats: GIF, JPG, PNG, BMP, PDF and DOC.
2) We will review your item(s) and contact you to schedule an appointment.
3) If a home assessment is not needed based on picture and conversation, we will schedule a truck to pick up your merchandise(AFTER signing a contract), or you may arrange delivery to the store on your own. There is a $100 fee for sending a truck to pick up items. Drivers have the option to refuse merchandise that is not saleable. Prior to arranging pick up all contracts must be signed.
4) For in-store drop-off, please call first to schedule an appointment.
Picking Up Items in Your home
$100 Pickup fee per 5 items. Each additional group up to 5 items $100.
If your items do not sell after the consignment term and you want items returned to your home, we will provide names of delivery services. If you choose to pick up your pieces, please call ahead to schedule a pick-up time. If your items do not sell you have the option to donate to NCJW/Greater Detroit and receive a donation receipt. We are a 501 C 3 non profit organization.
What We Want
We’re looking for quality home goods that meet current market demand. We want good quality, gently used furniture, collectibles and home items for resale at affordable prices.
- Make sure items are CLEAN; no faded, stained or torn fabric areas; not broken or chipped.
- Items must be free of defects, any smoke or pet odor and pet hair.
- All necessary parts must accompany your items. We reserve the right to reject any items that do not meet our standards.
- Lamps & Chandeliers MUST have working light-bulbs. Unlamped lamps and fixtures will be charged for each missing light-bulb.
“No Thank You”
We are unable to accept the following items:
- Anything in need of repair/refinishing
- Bed headboards/foot-boards
- Exercise equipment
- Sporting goods
- Appliances, some vintage appliances accepted
- Chipped glassware, pottery and porcelain
- Lamps without shades
- Lamps without bulbs
- Cribs/Toddler beds
- Unframed art
- Electronics Cabinets
We price all home goods at fair market value, taking these factors into consideration:
- Condition, repairs
- General consumer demand
Please note, we do not give estimates until all research is conducted.
- Consignment period is 60 days.
- Consignment is 50/50 redesign/customer split minus any selling fees.
- Consignment is closed on the last day of each month and checks are sent on the 10th day of the following month for any items sold in the previous month.
- Buyer’s fee is added to the price of the item sold to cover store expenses. The fee is determined by price of item and redesign staff. The fee is not included in 50/50 split.
- After 67 days any unclaimed items will be donated to NCJW/GDS.
- Markdowns are as follows:
- 20% off starting on day 20
- 30% off starting on day 30
- Special sales and promotions are at the discretion of redesign
- If items do not sell after the 60 day term, we provide you with the following options:
- We will donate the items for you to NCJW/GDS and provide a tax deduction receipt
- You may schedule a pick-up time within the designated 7 day hold period (14 days for Artist Consignment).
- If your items do not sell after the consignment term and you want items delivered back to you, we will provide names of delivery services.
Check Your Account Balance Anytime
It’s easy to check your account balance! Just login to www.myresaleweb.com and enter your name and account number from your contract.